A number of TG4 productions have been given a boost with the BAI’s announcement of its latest funding awards under the sound & Vision 3 Broadcasting Funding Scheme.
Through BAI funding of €5.368m has been allocated to 33 TV projects, while 93 radio projects have been allocated €622k in this round.
Among TG4’s productions that will receive support are;
- A documentary Níos Mó Ná Rása will focus on the new seventy million development that opens at the Curragh racecourse, the home of the Irish Derby in 2019.
- A follow-up to the successful children’s documentary series Lurgan2K18 which features the music videos of online sensation ‘TG Lurgan’ for broadcast on TG4.
- Pardún an Bhanríon is a remarkable story of a victim and his captive, two men whose life journey started in two very different places, but who arrived at the same destination.
- Finky is a contemporary drama where after an adverse accident, a young musician has struggled with his injuries as his life changes completely but a punk avant-garde group gives him an opportunity to overcome these obstacles and find love.
- Mo Shaol, Do Shaol is a comedy series in which two children who are completely different from one another decide to swap lives.
- The drama Arracht is set in 1845 where a fisherman welcomes evil into his life and loses what he has. When he is defeated, he gets another chance after saving a young girl from drowning.
- Over two episodes, Saol an Mhadra Bháin tells the incredible stories of trained Guide Dogs in Ireland. From breeding to leading, this is the ultimate ‘feel good’ series following the lives of these inspiring animals as they head out into the world, each of them to make a difference to their new owners.
TG4 Ardstiúrthóir Alan Esslemont says; “In striving to ensure that domestic and international audiences get the opportunity to view high quality content, funding from the BAI is very much welcomed an appreciated in assisting us to achieve this goal”.